Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Auni Boo!

Auni is officially 1 year old. She got to have two parties this year because much to her detriment her birthday fell on the opener of the deer hunt (archery), heaven forbid! Those of you whose husbands hunt you'll understand, so don't have babies in August or September(which is when Auni and Deegan's birthdays are). So her Daddy, Grandpa, and all of her uncles on my side were not there. So we had a party with just us girls and all her cousins. But so Clint didn't miss everything we also did cake the night before he left. She was such a sweetheart the whole time she couldn't have been any cuter. Except she wasn't all that interested in opening her presents because they were mostly clothes (which I asked for so i was excited!).






Auni eating her Birthday dinner, we had Lop and she loved it. For those of you who haven't been around my family a lot its a sticky rice and chicken dish that my brother learned to make from one of the families in his mission who were Laotian.

K i'm really embarrassed about my re-growth in this picture, I told my sis (who does my hair) that this is all her fault for being too busy to do it! I mean seriously how hard is it to get your kids ready to go back to school? ;)




11 comments:

Matt, Laura, Tyce said...

Jeana, your kids are so cute! It's amazing how much they change in a year! Good job being such a great mommy;)

Emily Wilde said...

You are eating Lop in those pictures. That takes me back to our sweet party at your house with the sumo suits. haha good times! I think thats the last time i ate lop with you. Maybe you should invite me over next time. hellloooooo. =)

ShaRee said...

How cute! Isn't it amazing how fast time flies? Yeah it was big springs that we floated down in island park. A canoe would be much better! I'll remember that for next time! You're little girl is a doll!

Ashley said...

Amen to the hunter's wife comment. I just know i'm going to be bummed when Kyle leaves and I'm home with the kids. I can't believe how big she got in one year. Kyle is out hunting in beaver right now. Hopefully by wednesday he'll shoot one and then come home.

jg said...

Happy late birthday! She is soooo cute!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I remember Lop from one of our team dinners. I would love to get that recipe, it was so good! I love the cake pictures, it's so fun to watch them tear into it. Donovan was a little disgusted with his at first, but once he tasted it he went to town.

Caldwell Family 6 said...

First I love the cake picture!!! I love her! Second don't feel bad about the regrowth, it happens to the best of us! Stinkin huntin husbands...LoR

Rob and Lori said...

Who cares about the regrowth?! Is that duct tape keeping your high chair together? Did you fix it after seeing my crib?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Auni..sorry we missed her birthday! I just wasn't feeling very well, but it sounds like it was a lot of fun! She's so cute and I can't believe she's already 1.

Tawna said...

It looks like she had fun. You look great. You always do though. when I was 16 weeks I was already showing, so no fair girl!

Jeana said...

oh i am showing you just don't get a good shot in these pictures. but thank you! and yes that would be duct tape on the high chair but its not mine its the one at my moms and has been through 21 grankids! but i do love the crib lori!