Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pregnancy Update

So I went to the doctor for my 32 week appointment and follow up ultrasound this morning and all was well. Great actually, my placenta has moved very much out of the way! Yeah, So no C-Section! And I also had every pregnant lady's dream come true, I went into the office 32wks and came out 34wks. Well 34 tomorrow, the ultrasound showed the baby measuring 2 weeks big. So taking into consideration the previous weights of my first two children, and Auni's shoulder dystocia, (for those of you who don't know what that is, it's when the baby's chest and shoulders are too big for mom's pelvis so they get stuck coming out. Auni's wasn't too bad but Dr. Jones says that's the scariest thing that can happen in delivery because the baby can end up with permanent damage to their arm. It can snap the nerves that go from the neck to the arm and they would lose the use of their arm. scary huh) so we decided the best thing would be to move my dates. So instead of being due the 27 of Jan. I am now due the 14, and my induction is scheduled for that same day. so even though my dates are two weeks ahead I'll only be delivering 1 week sooner.(my first induction was scheduled for the 20th) And I feel good about that. But 6 weeks sounds a lot closer than 7 did and I still have a lot to do, so I guess I better get a move on!

15 comments:

Tawna said...

Thats exciting. Maddox was a January baby and I really love it. I can't wait to see your baby, do you have a name picked out yet or are you still deciding?

BJ and Sherrie Benson said...

My sister said that she thought she saw you at the doctor's, but wasn't for sure if it was you or not. She said you looked cute, which doesn't suprise me :) That's exciting for one week earlier!

Missy said...

I'm so excited it's getting so close! Can't wait to see you and that new little one on the unit. I'm glad you are going early, your babies are big and beautiful! Take care girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Clint, I haven't seen you since High School, I ran into your blog and just wanted to say hi and You have a beautiful family.

ShaRee said...

That's awesome! You are lucky! So do you have any names picked out? And thanks for your comment on my blog. Take care!

The Simmons' said...

Oh man!! Now that is great news. I was sad I had to miss the party last week. We'll have to get together sometime soon!!

Jobi Niu said...

YAY! Awesome news! How exciting! So you don't have too much longer. That is crazy how big your babies are, I remember you tellin me at the baby contest. I thought my 9 1/2 pounder was big and I'm a bigger girl than you and wanted to die. Your little pettit body pushin that thing out.. ahhh! :)

Tyler and Ashley Mortensen said...

Um talk about lucky girl! I wish I was that far! I was just telling lore how I hate checking your count down... but for some reason I still compulsively do it... just to see how far behind you I am and now its even worse! Well I am happy for you thats great! I hope your feeling good and all is well!

Ryan and Adrienne said...

I am so glad that everything is going good with your pregnancy. Yea for the baby measuring ahead of time....I can't wait to see the cute little guy!!!

Eric and Amber said...

Wow-I can't believe you're already so close to having your baby! Aren't you so grateful for modern medicine? Is the thought of having three kids scary (it is for me)? That is awesome you don't have to get a C-section! Good luck!

Cade and Emily said...

I can't believe that you are so close to delivering! Your pregnancy has gone by really fast for me :) I was glad to hear that your placenta has moved. You should shoot for January 9th, it's the best day of the year. Your pictures were all so cute!

Emily Wilde said...

I'm glad everything went well! Gosh your little one will be here in no time! =) It seriously seems like we were just at your house seeing baby Auni, where the heck is the time going?! Before we know it i will have 12. Awesome =) Love you Jeana!

Kellybean said...

OOH! I wish that was me. I get to go a week early though.

jg said...

Yahoo, that is great!

Emily Wilde said...

Hello my dear! Sorry i haven't called about dinner, i have been so dang stressed with finals this week. But i'm done now! I just text Holli to see when a good day/time is for her. And i will let you know what she says, then we will all coordinate! We gotta go before that bouncing baby boy pops out! I'll call you tonight =)