Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin Torture!

This was suppose to be a fun little family activity for us, but by the time we (but pretty much just me) got done I was ready to go throw the pumpkins off the front porch into the road! And for some reason my pictures ended up in the wrong order so you get the finished product first.

For the record, the one says SPOOKY not spanky, the two O's are eyes.
This picture pretty much sums up my excitement for the night. This was the only part Deegan enjoyed. He hates the pumpkin guts he thinks that they are scary and yucky, which Clint says is my fault because I was so paranoid about him ever getting dirty or touching anything gross when he was little. But that was before I had two kids.
Auni on the other hand dove right in. She actually tried to eat the goo!
It started out well, with everyone participating. But after Clint got the tops off he disappeared into the computer room for like an hour (he actually did come and clean out one and a half when I said there was no way I was doing all three), and like I said when it comes to the cleaning them part Deeg is not a fan so he was off to his room to play with toys. That big one in the middle is the thickest pumpkin I have ever carved, it was like 2 1/2 inches thick! I ended up carving two of them and Clint carved the other one. I had actually wanted to get patterns off the Internet but like I said, I lost patience with the whole thing. Really we just started too late so it didn't go as well as planned, maybe we'll have better luck next year!

4 comments:

Jobi Niu said...

YEah, I'm not sure I have the patience for carving pumpkins with my MONSTERS! UGH. Yours turned out cute! "Spanky" ha ha ha ha

Eric and Amber said...

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't even have the patience to start carving ours in the first place! I just couldn't bring myself to do it, so congrats to you for tackling it...they did turn out really cute.

BJ and Sherrie Benson said...

It still looks like you guys had fun, and the pumpkins are really cute. At least you carved them!

The Richardsons said...

Hey at least you carved pumpkins! Plus you are prego, I hated doing just about anything when I was pregnant! Betsey